Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reflections and Resolutions

The year has passed with its many resolutions,

The steps we took and deeds we planted

Are now the foundation of our reflections….

So the questions I must ask

I pray to God will shape my tasks



Did I see my neighbor with love ?

Did I hear your voice from above ?

Did I think about Your Word to Us ?

Did I revel in your mercy in the cross ?

Did my life move closer your Son ?

Did I demonstrate to others, You are the only one ?



Were the trials that came my way weathered with Grace ?

Were the Joys you gave, received with praise ?

Were the prayers I prayed, lifted in humility ?

Did I serve you each day to the best of my ability ?

Were the weak around me, given my words of kindness ?

Did I slow down enough to enlighten blindness ?



Were the struggles of those you entrusted to me,

Lightened and lifted with your love for them to see ?

Were the hopes and dreams you have planted
Supported with giving of the resources you granted ?



And so I start another year and consider my resolutions

I ask that you touch my heart with this year’s solutions.

To pursue first your kingdom here on earth

So that all those around me, will understand their worth

And to live each day before your throne

Until my work on earth is done.



Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the mediations of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, Oh Lord, my strength and redeemer.



Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment