Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Tribute to my Dad

A Tribute to my Dad

While the years are quickly passing
To a distant memory
I am forever grateful 
For the way you helped me be. 

You taught me that God was most important
In the daily walk of life
And that my character mattered 
And especially through strife. 

I learned from you to laugh at me
When I made an honest mistake

And to pursue my dreams with all my might
And never be a fake. 


You showed me well what it meant
To humbly be a man
To kneel before the Lord in prayer
And that would make me stand !

You taught me how to love my wife
Through all the ups and downs

And teach my kids with confidence 
And always be around. 

I'm thankful for the fishing trips
For the laughter and the fun 
And for all the hunting trips
And how to shoot a gun. 

But best of all, Dad you showed me every day 
the kind of love that came from God, 
so accepting and uplifting 
That it carried me where I have trod. 

Although its been many years
Since the day God took you home, 

The mark for good you left with me
Daily carries on. 


While I miss the times you spent with me,
All which near I hold

I pray that I've become a son that makes you proud. 

In 
Memory 
Arthur Peter Dyk
Still my greatest hero

No comments:

Post a Comment