Friday, September 13, 2013

My River of Life

My soul has been washed clean
By God's life giving river
Flowing down from above
From the eternal life giver

My life had been filled with envy and strife
The pain of my sin cut like a knife
Then I was presented God's cure for my sin
And I invited Christ to look within

He searched me and tried me 
To show me my ways
He offered to cleanse me 
And fill me with praise

So I bowed on my knees 
To lift upward my cry
And looked to the cross
Where my Savior did die

From that death on the hill
To the grave for three days
Christ paid for my sins
Then from death he did raise

He then ascended to heaven
To prepare me a place
And forever live with him
To bask in His Grace 

So now I start out each day with my thanks
At the River of life's thirst quenching banks
Refreshing my soul in the light of his word
The best message ever by man to be heard. 

Jeff Dyk

No comments:

Post a Comment