Sunday, September 8, 2013

Waiting


There was a day when I stood strong
My health was good, my outlook long
But diabetes came and took its toll 
My kidneys failed , but not my soul.

Thrice weekly I now do dialysis
And see doctors for analysis
While hoping for a transplant gift
My mind has made a major shift

To strive to do the best I can
Face this setback like a man
Place my faith in my God above
And trust in his unfailing love

Trust that there will come a day
When I will receive that for which I pray
A new chance to live life whole
And overcome this trying role.

While my hope is deep, my faith is strong
And God has filled my life with song
I'm grateful for the trial I face
Because I've learned to lean on grace

A grace that has taught me to wait
And see God's plan woven in my fate
It has set my vision to things above
To spread God's message of forever love

Isaiah 40:29-31 (KJV)
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

[30] Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

[31] But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Waiting on The Lord. His Time. His Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment