Sunday, March 29, 2009

Loneliness or a lonely place

Loneliness or a lonely place

I shall follow the Lord with all my heart I must refuse the way of lonliness and use my lonly places to be filled with the love my saviour bestowed upon me through his lonly place on the cross. Lonely places expose the needs of the soul and offer insight as to what must take place in the heart of man to truly be filled. As a follower of Christ only He can fill that spot with the same power and love with which he used to conquer the lonliest time and place in the world. That place on the cross where he took the burden of my sin and faced the turning of The Father's face ( true separation. ) as he took the penalty of death for my sin. I must see that my lonliness is the result of my own sin which I have not truly given over to God to change and forgive and a sign from God to be reconciled to Him And other times they are the gift and signal from God to teach me the ways of Christ and His intimate and quiet love that only He can use to fill that lonly place.

Lord. Help me recognize the causes of my lonely places and be reconciled to you completly so that I can take those lonely places that you offer as a gift and return them to you as an offering of quietness where I can learn of your heart and not my view. Allow my lonely place to be a place where eagles soar and my bucket is recharged with the passion that once flowed from your filling of my heart with your holy spirit.

Lord thankyou for my handicap time in a wheel chair and hospital bed. Thank you for exposing my weaknesses and comforting my soul. Thank you for the gift of a lonely place but not loneliness. For you have faced for me the penalty of rejection for my sin. And you have promised never to leave me or forsake me. Let this lonly place challenge me to spend time with those who need the answer to their loneliness which is found only in connecting to you. I offer up the little I have to give for the much you have to do.

Give me the courage to know the difference between your desire for me to be in a lonely place to either lead or be molded by you and when I face loneliness because I have separated myself from you in disobedience.


Your servant.



Pass this on if it will encourage anyone you know to find a solution to loneliness. And go out and pet your local cripple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment