Sunday, March 29, 2009

The power of words

The power of words

Words have power
to build or destroy.
to love or hate.
To heal or hurt.
To create light or confusion.
To define or deceive
To delight or depress
To inspire or mislead.

Consider the following words and what simply stating the words does in your mind.

Iraq.
September
Vietnam
Yellowstone Park
Hawaii

Mother Theresa
Billy Graham
Adolph Hitler
Jesus Christ

Words are both the connection to the soul and the reflector of heart and mind.

Words must find their way into our mind to be used in what comes out of our lives and heart. Study God's Word.

God has spoken. He gave us His Word. He delivered a message. He embodied His Word in Christ and made sure that His message to us was clear.

John Chapter 1 says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God " it also says "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. "

God has revealed His Love and will for us in the fabric of the scriptures. And that should inspire hope in our heart and action in our feet !

Jeremiah 33:3 says. "Thy Words were found and I did eat them and thy Words were unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart. "

Psalm 119:105 says " Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"

Psalm 1:2. "But his delight is in the law of the Lord and His law does he meditate day and night and he shall be like a tree planted by rivers of water that bringeth fort fruit in His season His leaf also shall not either and whatsoever he forth shall prosper. "

Hebrews 4:12. "The Word of God is Quick and powerful , sharper than any two edged sword. Dividing asunder soul and spirit And joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. "

Matthew says " Heaven and earth shall pass away but my words will never pass away. "

I hope these Words have
Built
Loved
Healed
Created light
Defined
Delighted
And inspired you to pick up your Bible and soak in some words from your creator.

Psalm 19:14. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, oh Lord my strenght and my redeemer. "



Peace to you and yours,


Jeff Dyk


Feel free to pass this on. And if it helped you spend some time soaking in God's Word then I am delighted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment